got my roots done and my hair professionally dishevelled
Cleo woke up with her tail between her paws and adorably disgruntled
when McGonagall finds out that Ginny is pregnant, and that the Weasley and Potter bloodlines will converge, she marks on her calender the day the child will turn 11 and that is the day she retires
marinashutup on feminism
↳"BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MEN?!" - Is Feminism Sexist? (x)
like i’m just saying that i saw a post that said “you can 100% choose your sexuality” and i’m just like what the fuck kind of full circle have we come, here? tell that to 14 year old me oh wait EVERYONE ALREADY DID
|—||Insurrections at the intersections: feminism, intersectionality and anarchism (via ninjabikeslut)|
There are over 526 million black women in the world, all with different appearances, and your racist ass is going to say not liking black women is a ‘preference’, when the only damn thing they all got in common physically is their blackness? Sure, honey.
If you are part of a privileged group and have to constantly demand that somebody in an oppressed group say “not all (insert privileged group here) are like that”
what you are really demanding is that they reassure you that you’re not like that and you’re not being held accountable
which is a cowardly thing to do and also shows the great lengths you will go to in order to avoid examining your role in a toxic system
Like I said, I already answered it. But I guess a lot of people didn’t bother to read it, so here it is again. Maybe pay some fucking attention this time.
- In some parts of the world, women can not:
- drive a car
- leave the house without being escorted by a man
- own property
- obtain a divorce without her husband’s permission
- there are places where women are put in prison for being raped, or even forced to marry their rapist
- there are places where marital rape and abuse against women are perfectly legal
- in this country, legislation is constantly being passed saying what cis women/people with vaginas can and cannot do with their own bodies, when so such legislation is ever passed for men
- cis women/people with vaginas are denied certain types of birth control in some states if they’re not married, but do you think unmarried men are ever denied condoms or Viagra?
- many employers will not cover multiple forms of birth control, which is used for multiple medical purposes other than just contraception, but they will cover erectile dysfunction meds, which are used ONLY for sex - cis women/people with vaginas are punished for having sex, men are free to do as they please
- IN FACT: Bills regulating cis women’s/people with vaginas’ bodies in 2013 alone: 624 - Bills regulating men’s bodies since the dawn of time: 0
- How about this gem: employers cannot technically fire a cis woman/pregnant person for being pregnant, HOWEVER, they CAN fire her/them if her/them pregnancy prevents her/them from not being able to lift more than 60 lbs, and you’re not supposed to lift for than 20 during pregnancy - a man CANNOT lose his job if he has a disability that prevents him from being able to lift that much
- And don’t even get me STARTED on the wage gap, which varies depending on your race - men make more than women as a whole, but then white women make more than black women, who make more than latina women - it’s a disgrace
- and WoC are fighting battles that white women have already won
- and so are trans women, who are in an eternal battle to even be TREATED like real women, which of course they are just as much real women as cis women are
- and non-binary people with vaginas need and deserve all the same bodily autonomy rights that women need and deserve as well
Once again, this was a list I made off the top of my head in about 10 minutes or so. So I’m not exactly sure why people are asking. It’s about as basic as it gets.
this is a solid question
this is what happens when you put a highlighter in the microwave in case you were wondering.
Nicki Minaj shining a light on the differences on acceptable sexuality from white women and black women.
While it has a good deal to do with color, it also has to do with the fact of how her sexuality is used.
The women above her could arguably be said to be catering to the sexual needs/wants/fantasies of men (Sports Illustrated is ESPECIALLY known for catering to a male gaze.) While Nicki Minaj has continuously used her sexuality to empower herself. Her sexuality isn’t for men, it’s for her own self. And THAT is a huge problem. Sexuality that isn’t designed for male consumption is deemed unacceptable and threatening. She is powerful, demanding, uncompromising, and men are weak, so that scares them.
And it’s also because she’s of Indian/Black background, no doubt about it. It’s not just racist, it’s also sexist.